Thursday, December 17, 2009

Only 28.3 kms to go!!!

1971.7 km. That's my total Km's for the year.
I don't think I will get to reach my goal of 2000.

I have gone to see the Dr's and had an appt at Physio.

I have Pulled my Hamstring and have very poor Core Muscle strength in the hip area. This may be what is causing the hip issue.
I have Stretches to do and strengthening exercises as well. I go back first thing Monday morning so I will get a better Idea then when I can ride again.
This is most likely a hockey injury that was caused by the weak core Muscles.

I almost forgot the best part. The physiotherapist recommended clipless pedals if I am going to be putting up big km's just for the balance aspects of my leg muscles. Push Push Push currently....Push Pull Push Pull if I get clipless.. I will have to check out this option as I have all ways been a hater of the clipless.

If I do another ride to work this year it will still leave me 9.3km from my goal.
I don't think that I can/should do 2 more rides this year either.
I have alot of Bike plans for next year that I don't want to jeopardize by getting in 2 more rides just for the sake of a number and potentially risking greater or more permanent Injury.
I will just have to aim for a bigger and better goal next year.....I'm thinking at least Double this years goal. My biggest Month this year was 400km so theoretically I could accomplish 12x400km in a year if I went super hardcore....hmmmmm (psst...its 4800km)

Wow I never thought about it that way yet......4800! that's a pretty big number, props to anyone that can put up that kind of numbers on commuting alone.

So I have been off the bike for about 3weeks, I miss it alot.
There are some things that I find I am glad I don't have to do if I don't ride.

Things like...
1-Check the weather every night so I can prepare my attire for the morning.
2-Prepare my attire for the morning, I usually have to alter it anyway from the night before.
3-Spend at least 10 min. getting dressed to ride to/from Work.
4-Rush to get the Morning kid deliveries done quickly so I don't have to rush on the bike.
5-Rush to get to work in time to have a shower and still not be late to my desk.
6-Packing my bag strategically so my gear/clothes and my "never big enough" lunch all fit.
7-Bruised apples and bananas.
8-Replace batteries!!!
9-2 extra loads of laundry a week
10-Hungry all the time.

These are just things that I have thought to myself in the last few weeks, Please Understand that I will gladly do all these things again as soon as I am cleared to ride again.

Time to go Stretch.

No comments:

Post a Comment